The Compliance and Assurance team’s mission is to strengthen Okta’s position as the leading Identity-as-a-Service solution through a security-first approach to compliance. We are looking for someone with a strong IT background and experience in the technical implementation of security controls from the PCI, SOC2, ISO27001, or NIST 800-53 frameworks. The right candidate will play a key role in providing customers with confidence in Okta’s leadership in the identity space. As a Compliance Analyst, you will support security initiatives by engaging various process owners in the design, documentation, implementation, monitoring of the appropriate IT controls in our computing environments, and demonstrating those controls to external auditors.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with the technical implementation of PCI, SOC, or ISO controls in a cloud-based environment using tools such as Salesforce, Okta, ServiceNow GRC, JIRA, and others. This position requires a unique set of skills including project management, and an eye towards future standards and regulations that will impact our customers. If you’re a self-starter who wants to make a difference in global cloud security, we want you on board.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with audits of the company’s IT computing environment, with focus on security controls
- Perform IT controls testing and develop recommendations based on confirmed observations
- Work with process and control owners to help them understand the audit results, identify remediation options and prioritize their closure
- Work with the Security Team in identifying security gaps as reported by internal teams and external customers
- Assist management in the development of the appropriate security documentation, including system security plans, information security policies, and risk assessment procedures
- Assist management in assessing security impact on changes to the systems and applications
- Perform other IT security and compliance related tasks as assigned by management
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge in IT security frameworks and best practices, such as NIST-800 publications, FedRAMP, CoBIT, CCM, and Trust Principles and Criteria
- Working knowledge of terms and concepts used in information security, privacy, risk assessments and contingency planning
- Understanding of IT methodologies, such as software development lifecycle and operations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to “think-out-of-the-box”
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Able to work independently or with a team
Helpful Certifications / Skills:
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK)
- Familiarity with JIRA and ServiceNow GRC
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.