The Security Risk and Trust team’s mission is to strengthen Okta’s position as the leading Identity-as-a-Service solution through proactively identifying and resolving risks to our employees, our product, and most importantly, our customers. With the ever-increasing pace of cloud application adoption, federal agencies need to be able to trust Okta’s products.
The Director, Federal Security & Compliance is a key member of the Okta Security Risk & Trust leadership team. This position is directly responsible for public sector compliance at Okta. Strong experience with running and managing US federal compliance programs is required.
This position requires a leader with strong collaboration skills, detailed working knowledge of security and compliance practices, and familiarity in leading a dynamic and remote team in effectively managing security programs for a complex business environment. This position may be located anywhere in the USA.
- Translate business objectives into execution strategy for all public sector compliance efforts.
- Lead the security US federal compliance program in line with best practices and leading industry standards.
- Oversee System Security Plans and monthly Continuous Monitoring activities, including preparing the POA&M and tracking Deviation Requests.
- Engage and maintain close relationships with Internal and external stakeholders including legal, sales, product/enterprise teams, 3PAO, sponsoring agency, and FedRAMP PMO.
- Scale compliance processes and technology to support Okta's growth.
- Communicate findings with control owners, support remediation/mitigation discussions to ensure solutions address the finding, and validate remediation/mitigation when completed.
- Achieve and maintain compliance with frameworks such as FedRAMP, NIST 800-53, FIPS 140-2.
- Prior experience working with or within US Federal Government
- Experience managing multiple FedRAMP packages
- Experience with building out and managing information security functions overseeing public sector compliance.
- Experience translating control requirements into actionable engineering tasks to drive required work to obtain/maintain agency authorizations.
- Experience communicating program status at all levels of the organization
- Successful track record growing teams including hiring, coaching and grooming future leaders
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.