The Manager, Compliance Assurance is a key member of the Okta Security Compliance team. This position is directly responsible for conducting product compliance readiness at Okta.
This position requires a leader with strong collaboration skills, detailed working knowledge of security and compliance practices, and experience in engaging product engineering teams to conduct security and compliance assessment across various compliance frameworks. This position reports to the Director of Security Compliance.
This position may be located anywhere in the USA.
- Develop a vision and strategy for conducting compliance assurance readiness assessments which includes measurable goals, objectives and metrics.
- Lead the Compliance Assurance program in line with best practices and leading industry standards.
- Scale compliance assurance processes to support customer product demand signals.
- Liaison with external auditors and other internal teams to support certification audits.
- Communicate findings with control owners, support remediation/mitigation discussions to ensure solutions address the finding, and validate remediation/mitigation when completed.
- Review and determine effectiveness of internal controls to meet government regulations, company policies, and procedures.
- Provide assurance of the operational effectiveness of our compliance controls.
- Be the subject matter expert of relevant Security Compliance frameworks and provide guidance to teams accordingly.
- Successful track record performing product compliance assessments across various compliance frameworks including providing advisory services to obtain/maintain adherence to and of control requirements.
- Experience with building out, scaling, and integrating security and compliance into the product SDLC
- Technical background, Security Compliance at Okta is a very technically savvy group
- Strong background working with both US based and international compliance frameworks
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.