Are you interested in instilling a security minded culture at Okta by managing and implementing the Security Awareness Program? Your role will directly affect Okta's overall security posture by focusing on one of the most critical elements of our information security portfolio—our people. Your role is essential towards reducing risk by ensuring employees, contractors/contingent workers, freelancers, and vendors are aware of our security requirements. While this is not a technical role, this is a role where you will translate technical concepts in order to drive Security Awareness.
This person will join a team focused on reducing human risk through appropriate security-based behaviors as part of a security-aware and engaged culture. Primary responsibilities include program strategy, design, development, and delivery to serve the global user community. This role will have the opportunity to build upon a successful program that currently includes global phishing testing, topical security communications, security speaking engagements with various business leaders and their teams and a formal security awareness training curriculum.
In this role you will:
- Ensure the Security Awareness Program meets all industry regulations, standards, and compliance requirements.
- Ensure the Security Awareness Program communicates our security policies and requirements so that employees know, understand and can follow them.
- Identify the top human risks to the organization and the behaviors that need to change to mitigate those risks - Develop and maintain a security awareness program that effectively changes these behaviors, so our employees act in a secure manner, reducing the most risk to our organization.
- Create a positive program that engages employees, to include focusing on changing behaviors both at home and at work - Creativity is a Must!
- Structure and maintain this program to be long term, so ultimately not changing just behaviors but culture.
- Develop and curate formal and informal security training and educational content
- Influence and gain support of Okta leaders through effective communication, relevant and insightful analysis, and creative thinking
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, produce, and deliver compelling and innovative awareness campaigns to drive adoption of security behaviors for all end users and targeted audiences.
- Create, maintain and publish marketing and promotional material (presentations, videos, websites, and instructional content) in support of the Security Awareness Program communication strategy to educate employees on security alerts, standards & Policies updates, security best practices and privacy issues
- Organize year-round awareness events such as tech talks, lunch and learns, panels discussions to support the development of a secure culture
- Research emerging security risks and trends (social engineering attacks, new phishing methods, malware attacks) and provide recommendations to drive Security Awareness.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Preferred Level: 3+ years of professional Information/Cyber Security Awareness
- Experience or relevant work experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Security or privacy education/training
- Information security
- Risk management
- Corporate communications
- Marketing or another related field
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Excellent creative and visual skills including graphics, web, print and slide design
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important deadlines)
- Solutions driven, strategic thinking mindset and the ability to quickly understand complex security issues and develop the right content for the need
- Proven experience in writing, designing and delivering cyber related content
- SSAP (SANS Security Awareness Professional), PMP, or other industry certifications will be considered a plus
- Understanding of security compliance standards and regulations (e.g., ISO 27001, ISO 27018, PCI, SOC II, CSA Star, FedRAMP, HIPAA, GDPR)
(Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $103,000/year + equity + benefits
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.