Security Site Reliability Engineers are responsible for building automation to solve complex problems, creating / maintaining internal infrastructure, and attacking the Okta back-end cloud environments.
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrable knowledge in SecOps/DevOps tooling and techniques along with familiarity implementing DISA STIGS, CIS, and other benchmark baselines. A successful candidate is comfortable looking at complex problems and devising low interaction, cloud first solutions that require minimal maintenance while meeting a high security bar.
An important quality in all Offsec team members is the “evil bit” - an innate ability to think and operate like an attacker while solving complex problems with expertise and creativity in your daily flow. We support externally publishing exciting findings inside and out of work in the form of papers, blog posts, and live presentations at conferences of your choice.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate and implement solutions from open ended federal security and design requirements into system that are low maintenance, repeatable, and defensible
- Automate common security tasks, system maintenance, recover, and other items to multiply efforts, secure environments, and
- Troubleshoot and debug vulnerability scan / testing issues in a pure cloud environment (network, auth, audit file, etc)
- Create, modify, and debug saltstack states, modules, and pillars
- Knowledge of chef cookbooks for integration with various teams
- Develop terraform modules for consumption cross-account and cross-boundary for consumption by multiple subsidiaries
- Manage & secure multiple AWS accounts utilizing terraform
- Understand attack vectors in relation to AWS services and deployment pipelines, and ensure implementations mitigate those factors
- Debug system performance issues from physical to application within cloud environments
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong AWS experience and skills from a DevOps perspective
- Strong *Nix (Amazon Linux, or Ubuntu, or RHEL, or Debian) administration and troubleshooting
- Experience running, automating, and troubleshooting container security tooling (e.g. Twistlock/Prisma)
- Terraform creation, troubleshooting, and deployment in fully automated cloud environments
- Scripting languages including Bash, Python, or Ruby
- Config management tools like SaltStack or Chef
- Understand and utilize performance and debugging tools such as wireshark, strace, ltrace, sar, top, gdb, etc.
- Able to work cross team with varying levels of expertise, requirements, and priorities to execute on a common goal
- Strong comprehension skills in reading and understanding technical documentation as well as federal regulations
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of DISA STIG and CIS compliance policies
- AWS from an attacker’s perspective
- Knowledge of finding vulnerabilities in back-end infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- US Person Status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee)
- This position requires the ability to access Impact Level 4 (IL4) data, as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.