Information Security is a top business imperative at Okta. In addition to driving security in our Corporate environment and Okta service, the Security team is deeply entrenched in the Okta business. As such, we contribute to product roadmaps, branding, research and other strategic aspects of our operations. We work across multiple functions, business partners and the research community. We are an engineering-focused team that seeks to stay on the cutting edge of security technology and the threat landscape.
The Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) team is seeking an experienced detection and response Engineer to contribute to Okta’s detection and response programs responsible for defending the Okta platform, infrastructure and corporate environment.
You will operate as part of the Detection & Response Engineering team, building and maintaining the detection and response capabilities to enable Okta’s intel-driven approach to defensive cyber operations. Core responsibilities include:
- Analyse Okta’s systems in order to identify and close gaps in detection and response coverage
- Orchestrate and automate the enrichment, triage and response steps required to respond to security related alerts
- Take part in the DCO watch roster triaging alerts escalated via automated processes, internal reports, and third-party notifications
- Contribute to the investigation, remediation and reporting of cyber security incidents
- Determine and address needs for tools and data that will enable the continuous improvement of detection and response capabilities
- Command incidents occurring during EMEA business hours
What does it take?
You’re a team player. You have great communication skills and a thirst for knowledge. You’re curious about systems and how they interact, knowing that to properly defend a system you must first understand how it works. You enjoy automating tasks and if you can’t find a tool for the job you create one. You’re calm under pressure and have a good internal compass for taking calculated risks.
If you don’t have a degree, you have equivalent experience that’s given you the foundational knowledge to understand complex computing environments.
You’re a good teammate. People want to work with you. You have experience contributing to the build out of a world-class defensive cyber capability and you’re passionate about helping makes ours stronger. Your experience probably includes:
- Leading, or contributing to, technology focused teams large or small.
- Operating as, or providing support to, the incident commander or technical lead during cyber security incidents.
- Developing advanced detection capabilities and automating the triage and response of alerts they generate.
- Developing and maintaining security and data analysis tools
Ideally you also have experience in several of the following areas:
- Researching the tactics, techniques and procedures of sophisticated adversaries and hunting for evidence of them within an enterprise environment.
- Developing detection and response validation techniques and automating tests to enable continuous assurance of defensive cyber capabilities.
- Analyzing critical systems to understand both how to break them and defend them against attack.
- Working collaboratively within product and/or enterprise project teams, assisting to deliver large and complex technology solutions.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.