The Security Risk and Trust team’s mission is to strengthen Okta’s position as the leading Identity-as-a-Service solution through proactively identifying and resolving risks to our employees, our product, and most importantly, our customers. With the ever-increasing pace of cloud application adoption, companies are struggling to find ways to accurately assess risk and act at the speed of their business.
The Senior Director, Security Risk and Trust is a key member of the Okta Security leadership team and is directly responsible for cyber risk, data governance, security compliance and product certifications in support of the growth of our business around the world.
This position requires a strategic leader with strong collaboration skills, detailed working knowledge of security and risk management practices, and familiarity in leading a dynamic and remote team in effectively managing security compliance and assurance programs for a complex business environment.
This position may be located anywhere in the USA.
- Develop a vision and strategy for trust, comprised of security, privacy and risk management, that will include measurable goals, objectives and metrics.
- Provide security risk expertise to the organization by pragmatically solving for risk vs return
- Establish, implement and monitor the security certifications program and ensure it is rightsized for the business as we continue to scale globally
- Initiate new security projects and identify ways to improve our internal processes and operations while mitigating risk
- Define, scope and drive data security initiatives to ensure we can continue to secure all important and sensitive data across our fast-growing organization
- Run the Executive Security Committee to ensure stakeholders are kept abreast of risks, threats, program maturity and projects
- Represent as the face of the company into customer audits ensuring these are adequately supported and supervised with any identified issues addressed in a timely manner
- Coordinate with IT, Engineering and Product teams to facilitate key risk management processes and define acceptable levels of risk
- Reduce risk to the organization by driving changes in behavior for all employees and contractors to behave in a secure manner and making sure that security is in our DNA
- Serve as subject matter expert to internal business partners on a range of compliance standards as applicable (e.g. SOX 404, HIPAA, PCI, privacy regulations, etc.) and industry best practices (e.g. ITIL, COBIT, ISO 27001)
- Stay current on market developments to identify emerging security technologies, risks and trends to ensure that computing environment keeps pace with security technology and risk landscape evolution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Successful track record growing teams including hiring, coaching and grooming future leaders
- 10+ years of experience with IT or information security functions
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer