The Security Risk and Trust team’s mission is to strengthen Okta’s position as the leading Identity-as-a-Service solution through proactively identifying and resolving risks to our employees, our product, and most importantly, our customers. With the ever-increasing pace of cloud application adoption, companies are struggling to find ways to accurately assess risk and act at the speed of their business.
The Senior Manager, Security Governance is a key member of the Okta Security Risk & Trust leadership team. This position is directly responsible for defining what our governance program will look like in the future and building towards that vision. This role will be very hands-on as we build out our team and capabilities.
This position requires a leader with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally, detailed working knowledge of security governance practices, and excellent program management skills. This position reports to the Senior Director of Risk & Trust.
This position may be located anywhere in the USA.
- Develop a vision and strategy for security governance which includes measurable goals, objectives and metrics.
- Oversee metrics, steering committees, maturity efforts, policy and procedure management, and training & awareness in line with best practices.
- Build strong and contextual security governance procedures (charters, steering committees, and approval flows).
- Drive security data governance efforts throughout the company.
- Facilitate a holistic security metrics program to track effective operations and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Lead the implementation and ongoing improvement of security training and awareness initiatives that educate stakeholders regarding security risks.
- Identify opportunities for automation within governance and build/implement solutions.
- Develop and communicate policies, procedures, guidelines, and plans to internal stakeholders regarding security.
- Successful track record growing teams including hiring, coaching and grooming future leaders
- Experience with building out and managing information security functions
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer