Okta is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Security Automation team. You will be responsible for developing systems to support our Security teams, including working on systems for vulnerability detection, prevention, analysis and report; orchestration systems for third party security products; threat detection and alerting systems; and other security related needs. The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate strong software development skills, with knowledge of software security an important desired skill.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement vulnerability management, threat detection, and security compliance related systems and processes
- Work closely with our Security teams to address automation needs
- Manage deployments and running services in our AWS infrastructure
- Develop, follow and support best software engineering practices
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advance knowledge of Python or Java, and/or similar OOP languages
- 3 + years experience developing new automation tools in cloud environments
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to multi-task and deliver consistently on deadlines
- Strong mentoring and leadership skills
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge in cloud security architecture
- Knowledge of secure coding of web application security and network security
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code and provisioning tools
- Knowledge of security penetration tools and processes
- Experience in research and development in the security field
- Able to give presentations and represent Okta in public venues
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.