The Security team’s vision is to always deliver seamless security experiences to our employees, customers and partners. As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be part of a growing team that drives the organization and delivery of key security initiatives. This role requires complementary creative and critical thinking skills, a passion for organizing and problem solving, along with a core of empathy and team spirit. You will work with diverse and globally distributed teams to ensure our product is secure, our customers are secure and Okta is secure.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- People - Nurture a collaborative environment with the security team and create synergy with other cross-disciplinary teams such as IT, TechOps, Security Engineering, and Technical Program Management to drive desired security outcomes.
- Program & Project Management - Provide program leadership and project management for Security programs and projects by facilitating, coordinating, influencing and leading cross-functional teams to complete a variety of technical program plans, tasks, and milestones. Lead efforts to identify and discuss security gaps, drive decision making and agreement, and provide clear status reporting and timely communications.
- Security Program scaffolding - Spearhead process improvements and iterate on applications, tools, communication plans and emerging methodologies used to organize, manage, and track and streamline reporting on programs and projects.
- Connect & Learn - Connect with peers in our industry to stay current on security trends and program management best practices and identify emerging trends that could be beneficial to Okta.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
- Vulnerability Management across IT, Business Applications, Infrastructure, and Product
- Abuse Case Program management
- Compliance Program for Security Audits
Minimum required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent
- Working knowledge of information security, privacy, and vulnerability management
- Experience with agile and program management methodologies
- Experience in leading large cross-functional programs and influencing outcomes
- Proficient with Jira, Atlassian, and other roadmapping and project management tools.
Helpful Certifications / Skills:
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Vulnerability management experience and certifications
- Ability to script repetitive tasks and access REST APIs to automate data collection
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer