Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are looking for a talented Security Engineer to join our DevSecOps team and help us enhance our application security program. As a Staff Application Security Engineer - AppSec Automation, you will be responsible for ensuring the adoption, deployment, fine-tuning, and development of tools, services, and processes that enable security controls in the SDLC.
In this role, you will focus on deploying and defining workflows around various types of Static Application Security Testing, as well as other systems supporting security automation to support diverse tech stacks and team organizations across multiple products and services.
The ideal candidate is someone who can think about application security at scale. You should have experience with open-source and commercial products, and you should further complement and orchestrate these through automation developed in-house by our team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Conducting evaluations of novel tools and techniques that can help secure our products through robust discovery of potential security vulnerabilities.
- Designing individual components of our automation architecture through end-to-end and data-driven approaches.
- Implementing automated vulnerability discovery in our products through existent or custom tools.
- Working with Engineering and other teams in the Security organization to define and execute projects pursuing our security goals.
- Contributing to the definition of internal processes that allow for fast delivery of software to production systems through CI/CD pipelines while meeting security quality criteria with minimal effort.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role with a strong focus on security automation and application security at scale.
- Experience with commercial and open-source security scanners in at least one of these spaces: Web Application, SAST, SCA, secret scanning.
- Functional knowledge of security code reviews (Java, .Net, Go, C, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl, Python, etc.). You should be able to read code and identify, explain, and propose remediations for the most common vulnerabilities in, at least, code bases for web applications in one of the languages listed.
- Software development experience in Python; or similar languages and being open to learning Python.
Additional skills we're looking for include:
- Knowledge of at least one of AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, either on-prem or cloud.
- Experience defining projects, including goals, resourcing, activities, goals, targets, and milestones, and producing good effort estimations.
Soft skills: In addition to technical skills, we value candidates who demonstrate strong soft skills such as:
- Collaboration: Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and influence others to achieve common goals.
- Communication: Ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders and present information clearly and concisely.
- Negotiation: Ability to resolve conflicts and reach agreements with others by finding common ground and building consensus.
- Leadership: Ability to inspire and motivate team members to achieve goals and deliver results.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience is a plus.
At our company, we value collaboration, teamwork, and innovation. This role will report to the Director of Application Security and will work closely with other members of the DevSecOps team. We are passionate about what we do and strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can thrive. If you are excited about this opportunity and meet the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.