Okta is looking for a Senior/Staff DevOps Engineer to join our Security Automation team. You will be responsible for implementing automation tools and managing the cloud deployment of our in-house and off the shelf Security tools and systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our Security teams to address automation needs
- Manage deployments and running services in our AWS infrastructure
- Develop, follow and support best software engineering and secure deployment practices
- Maintaining compliance and security controls
- Monitoring operations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience in designing software infrastructure architecture
- Good technical understanding of large-scale server and cloud infrastructures
- Strong programming and scripting knowledge, e.g. Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash
- Strong understanding of various CI/CD frameworks and working knowledge of building a pipeline from end-2-end
- Expertise with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Demonstrate working experience with config management tools such as Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Demonstrate proficiency in at least one of the following cloud platforms: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Proficient with containerization and cluster management technologies like Docker and Kubernetes AND/OR ECS, Fargate, EKS and GKE.
- Understanding of DevSecOps and working experience in managing secrets, certificates and other sensitive information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to identify manual processes and operations that can be optimized and automated.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of secure coding of web application security and network security
- Knowledge in cloud security architecture
- Knowledge of security penetration tools and processes
- US Person Status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee)
- This position requires the ability to access Impact Level 4 (IL4) data, as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.