At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation. We've created an integrated system that securely connects any person via any device to the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Okta is seeking a Site Reliability Manager (SRE) to lead one of our key teams in the US. This is an exciting time at Okta. As our company grows we are investing heavily in new self-healing services, containerization and next generation automation.
The Technical Operations team is responsible for developing tools and automation for the administration of our revenue-generating SaaS application. This is a high-impact role in a fast-paced organization that is poised for massive growth and success.
We are looking for candidates who possess a background in production quality cloud-based infrastructure, and previously operated complex custom applications on UNIX/Linux and/or Enterprise Java platforms. The person in this role should also have a successful track record in being a hands-on leader for high performing engineering teams, and be passionate about leveraging agile software development methodologies to deliver automation.
- Manage a team of experienced agile development engineers
- Partner with recruiting on hiring efforts for our HQ and remote sites
- Own and lead the delivery of new infrastructure components
- Develop and define goals, strategies, and initiatives in alignment with core engineering
- Collaborate with TPM, architects, and executive staff
- Design and code reviews
- Continuously refine monitoring processes, thresholds, and configuration
- Respond to issues and escalations, actively participate in management on-call rotation
- Work closely with Okta’s security teams and product developers to ensure new features have the proper operational support and maintainability
Qualifications & Requirements
- Ability to build, grow and manage a team to develop software to automate and manage large infrastructure
- Prior experience managing Linux Systems in production
- Proficient in at least one of the following scripting languages: Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python
- Background operating and troubleshooting a complex, multi-tier cloud service
- Strong level of expertise in Software Development, DevOps, or Site Reliability
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Ansible is a plus
- Experience with modern open source infrastructure services and concepts; such as Redis, ElasticSearch, and Docker is a plus
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work