We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, hands-on leader who can rapidly learn the Okta value proposition and apply it to customers of all sizes. This is a key leader of the services organization accountable for the delivery of Okta professional services within a region. You have experience in forecasting, change management and operational excellence for PS teams. You have a deep understanding of reporting and metrics as well as capacity planning and utilization targets. Ideally you will have a strong Consulting background with an ability to handle multiple work streams and be deeply comfortable with client issues and resolutions.
You are responsible for collaborating with Services Engagement Managers for the planning and deployment of the solution for our customers to ensure we are providing the appropriate services for their success.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the VP, Services Delivery with oversight and accountability for the regional professional services billings/revenue, customer satisfaction, resources and utilization
- Assist with hiring, growing and retaining PS delivery team members wholly focused on our customers’ success, including technical consultants, and project managers
- Provide direct management, mentoring, and support to the delivery resources to ensure their continued technical, professional, and career growth
- Demonstrate / improve our repeatable implementation methodology to rapidly enable customers to adopt the Okta service
- Work closely with the Business Operations, Finance and Legal teams to ensure the proper post-implementation activities are accounted for and in compliance with the corporate policies.
- Primary customer liaison managing relationships and communication between project team, customer and internal stakeholders
- Represent Okta Professional Services across multiple engagements and workstreams
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle
- Manage project budgets to customer and Okta expectations
- Continue to upskill team members to ensure team has the expertise and capabilities to successfully deliver Okta to customers
- 5+ years experience leading teams (supervisory responsibilities)
- 10+ years experience as a technical consultant delivering solutions to external customers
- Authority in Identity & Access Management and Okta product offerings.
- Authority in technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect).
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and cutting-edge infrastructures.
- Ability to work independently and multi-functionally supporting the development of client work you're doing.
- General knowledge of cloud architectures as well as complex enterprise on-premise IT landscapes.
- Knowledge of typical enterprise identity life cycle management processes and standards.
- AD and LDAP experience is preferred.
- SaaS deployment experience: Salesforce, Box, Office 365, Workday and HR as master for identities preferred.
- Ability to Multi-task and manage multiple customer engagements is a requirement.
- Able and willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- Superb communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
- Experience in Process Improvement, Decision-making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information and Developing Standards.
- Software development experience strongly preferred (Java, Ruby, .Net, PHP, REST/JSON, etc).
- Familiar with API management using Mulesoft, Axway or Apigee preferred.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information thoughtfully.
- Uses active listening skills to figure out and understand the customer's business goals, objectives and priorities.
Team and Customer Interaction:
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Provides technical leadership on delivery methodologies.
- Communicates effectively with customers, team members and management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work