Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
We are looking for University students in undergraduate or graduate programs who are enthusiastic about a 2023 summer internship as a Software Engineer in Test. We are passionate about building software to achieve our quality goals at scale in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering or business technology team that strongly believes in automated testing, UX design and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation software.
Our team is honest, innovative and flexible; with a regular release cycle and high standards, we expect great things from all of our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Location: Remote or In-Person
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate together with the developers, product and documentation teams in weekly, agile based team activities like sprint and project planning
- Work closely with a senior member of the team to develop test software to execute automated test cases
- Validate and monitor production and pre production systems while changes by the Core Identity or Identity Ecosystem teams are being deployed or delivered
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1yr experience as a software engineer or test engineer (including prior internships)
- Interest in software development and testing that supports building high quality, reliable, mission-critical software
- Technical knowledge in some of the following:
- REST/SOAP APIs
- Security Concepts
- Selenium or other UI automation tools
- SQL databases
- Business systems like Google, Salesforce, Workday
- Quick study; able to learn and apply new concepts in a short period
Nice to have skills:
- Integration experience, previous experience with Selenium or other tools
- Scripting or automation using Python, Bash, Java, etc
- AWS, GCP, OCI (cloud providers)
- Managing lab environments
- Networking concepts
- Splunk, Wavefront, Grafana, VividCortex, Log management
- Monitoring tools like Thousand Eyes, Pingdom, etc
- IT and Business systems like Salesforce, Google, Workday, Netsuite, etc
- Rest/SOAP API’s
- Systems Integrations
Education and Training: (In progress Dec 2023 or 2024 Graduates) Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or Management Information Systems
As an intern, you’ll do real work that matters. While you’re on board, you’ll work on meaningful projects and have an opportunity to see what working at Okta is all about. You’ll also have the support of your mentor and manager to help you develop new skills.
Our interns have the opportunity to build a strong community - with their fellow interns, within their teams, and with the broader company. We want you to grow professionally and you’ll do that through participating in events like our Executive Speaker Series and Brown Bags. And of course, we want you to have fun too.
Interns may choose the format of their internship: either in-person at one of our Okta offices, or virtually. We give our interns the opportunity to choose the option that best suits their needs.
We offer 12 week internships in the U.S. in the Summer and 16 week co-ops in Canada.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.