We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great
Okta APAC is Growing!
The Proposal Manager serves as a primary writing, editing, and managing resource in the development, completion, and on time submission of responses to RFx and security questionnaires. The position involves researching and producing a high volume of client facing documentation for a dynamic product along with gathering information from teams of subject matter experts.
You are part of a team of proposal managers; as such, you’re an excellent team member with the ability to help others with projects, bids, etc. You exhibit strong writing and communications skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively. The role includes continuous review and learning of the Okta solutions along with continuous updating of boilerplate proposal documents, RFP data repository, and security related questions and responses.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Pre-Sales Team, you will be responsible for planning, researching, developing, and editing complex content for proposals in response to customer solicitations.
- Candidate develops comprehensive proposal responses, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy, and integrity of the final output.
- Serves as central point of contact, timeline manager, and overall administrative lead on assigned proposals and leads multi-disciplinary and cross functional teams.
- Helps team members adhere to processes, templates, standards, and methodologies to successfully bid projects in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains collateral / data repository for providing professional, consistent, and fast turnaround of RFx and detailed technical questionnaires.
- Researches and gathers corporate information, technical product information, and other standard materials. Brings together any new language written for addition to the repository.
- Must identify content gaps and work with sales, technical, and engineering experts; legal representatives; and other teams across Okta to craft Subject Matter Expert (SME) technical responses. Manages these SME technical writing assignments to ensure that submissions are accurate, follows the outline and RFP instructions, and addresses win themes.
- Tracks RFx responses in Salesforce.
- Compiles, edits, and formats the entire team’s responses into a seamless response resulting in a clear, concise, consistent, and error free proposal.
- If needed, work with customers via the Account Executive to facilitate understanding of requirements (i.e., participation with bidder’s calls, email correspondence, etc.).
- BS/BA Degree, or equivalent in relevant experience.
- 3+ years related experience, preferably in the proposal field and/or technical writing.
- Strong social skills; ability to influence others without formal authority and lead cross functional teams.
- Self-starter, humble, multitasker, great teammate, works well under pressure,works ahead of schedule, and follows through on tasks. Keeps the team informed of changes.
- Provide examples of working proactively and autonomously
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing, grammar, and spelling abilities; technical writing skills preferred.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), cloud storage, and Google Workspace
- Ability to engage with technical and sales upper management to obtain necessary information and coordinate team involvement.
- Experience with a technical or software related product suite, enterprise software experience highly preferred.
- Broad technical abilities that come with experience in a document editing setting.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.