Thousands of enterprises and millions of users worldwide depend on Okta for authentication and authorization of their most mission-critical apps, APIs, and IoT devices. Okta continues to grow, and so does the volume and complexity of the needs of our prospective customers as security and identity management are now core concerns of every business. As a result, we are growing our Pre-Sales Engineering team and looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer to join our Enterprise team.
You’re a great match if you have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight, and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will build sales presentations, product demonstrations and educate customers at every level, from developers to product managers to C-level executives, on the best ways to implement Okta customer identity and access management solutions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Okta/Auth0
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta/Auth0 engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show cust
- Lead Q&A sessions for prospective customers to understand their requirements and communicate the business value of meeting their needs with Okta CIAM solutions
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally solutions engineering.
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol. (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application. (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- You are an elite communicator.
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Typically 10-25% travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.