We believe Solutions Engineers at Okta are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology. We believe Okta’s Solutions Engineers empathize with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Senior Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of Fortune 500 customers on what is possible using Okta's Identity Platform.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with account executives to develop and execute territory and account strategies to maximize the Okta opportunity in those accounts
- Conduct research and discovery to understand a customers requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Prepare and deliver demos to showcase how the Okta platform meets customer's business needs and use cases
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- 5+ years pre-sales engineering experience
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally solutions engineering
- An ability to quickly and effectively communicate complex technical concepts via presentation, slides and whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- You are an elite communicator
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Typically 10-25% travel
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $193,000 /year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.