We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
The Nordic Solutions Engineering team is growing!
The Nordic Solutions Engineering team are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology.
We believe in Okta’s Solutions Engineers empathise with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilise both. As a Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
As an Okta Developer Solutions Engineer you will:
- Architect world class CIAM Solutions using Okta API Suite of products, stretching your knowledge and experience in application development, enterprise cloud based architecture/integrations and cutting edge software development frameworks leveraging the latest technology stacks
- Help architect world class identity solutions using Okta’s Identity Platform
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Prepare demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Communicate how Okta integrates with a customer’s existing environment and applications using a variety of means, including white boarding and architecture diagrams
- Confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the customer’s organization, from CxO to practitioner
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
You could be a great fit for this role if you have some of the following experience:
- Software Engineering or Development experience, and a desire to become more customer facing.
- Understand what’s relevant in order to design and implement reliable, scalable, high performing Web based solutions.
- Knowledge of Authentication and Authorisation protocols and frameworks such as SAML, OIDC and OAuth
- An ability to communicate very effectively with the technical and non technical audience.
- Comfort working with cloud based source control systems such as GitHub and Bitbucket
- Development experience on the server side as well as client side application design
- An ability to learn new coding languages / technology stack quickly.
Nice to have
- Experience working with sales / pre-sales or customers.
- An understanding of cloud deployments stacks such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Experience in developing mobile applications (using React Native/Ionic/Xamarin and understanding the identity layer integration involving devices is a huge plus
- Experience speaking at technical conferences and events
- Have experience working with Okta and/or Auth0
This opportunity is flexible and can be based remotely in Sweden, with travel around the Nordic region on an ad-hoc basis.
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.