We’re an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we’ve learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
At Okta our goal is simple - to be The Identity for the Internet and to accelerate a world where everyone can safely use any technology.
And our opportunity is huge.
Whilst we continue to protect and enable our Customer’s partners, employees and contractors from a Workforce Identity perspective, we have a huge market opportunity in the field of Customer Identity and the leading technology to create frictionless registration and login for our customer’s most critical area of their business - their applications.
We allow customers to easily build authentication into any application, ensuring the security, scalability, reliability and flexibility of combining Okta’s leading Customer Identity products into our Customer’s applications, enabling Developers to focus on the things that are most important to them, without the worry and responsibility of Identity Management.
As an Okta Senior Developer Solutions Engineer you will:
- Lead Q&A sessions for prospective customers to understand their requirements and communicate the business value of meeting their needs with Okta Customer Identity solutions
- Deliver interactive presentations and product demonstrations to all levels of an organization
- Whiteboard solutions, modeling how Okta’s Customer Identity solution will support their current architecture requirements and use cases
- Execute well-defined, outcome-focused POCs
- Maintain a broad and deep technical understanding of the Okta product line and the underlying technologies and protocols
- Craft engaging solution content to position Okta’s value across multiple business units, including software engineering, operations, product management, and business stakeholders
- Occasionally participate in local and regional events evangelizing Okta as a presenter and attendee
You could be a great fit for this role if you have some of the following experience:
- A customer facing Developer/Developer advocate background and a desire to learn industry leading Identity products and solutions
- An ability to design and implement reliable, scalable, high performing Web based solutions
- You enjoy staying curious about the industry you're a part of and improving the skills that make you successful
- An ability to communicate very effectively with the technical and non technical audience
- An ability to distil complex solutions to a diverse audience, primarily Developers and Architects but also up to VP’s and CXO’s
- Knowledge of Authentication and Authorisation protocols such as SAML, OIDC and OAuth
- Development experience on the server side (Java or .Net) as well as client side application design (Angular, Node, and other frameworks)
- Experience in developing mobile applications (using React Native/Ionic/Xamarin and understanding the identity layer integration involving devices is a huge plus
- An understanding of various protocols HTTP, HTML apps, and REST services, have lived through XML as well as played with JSON
- Have learnt and have been part of enterprise application design stacks and understand nuances of security and cryptography
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese. English is a plus
You might also have:
- An understanding of cloud deployments stacks such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Proficiency in various open source software and development tools and stacks.
- Comfort working with cloud based source control systems such as GitHub and Bitbucket
- Experience speaking at technical conferences and events
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.