Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Director - Solutions Engineering - Innovation Centre
We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
We are expanding into Poland for the first time! This will be an exciting opportunity for a seasoned pre-sales leader to be the first boots on the ground in a new office. You will help define and grow out a new team of pre-sales professionals which will make an innovation centre.
As a Director - Solutions Engineering you will...
- Key leadership contact with Recruitment and EMEA PBP teams on all candidate and employee experience topics
- Key leadership contact with Workplace team on real estate, facilities and security topics
- Actively support the Okta culture and ways of working with other Okta personnel in Poland in communication cadence e.g. All Hands, team building, Okta4Good community engagement, local ERG engagement etc.
- Working with leaders from the US and EMEA, define the strategy and success metrics for the Innovation Centre.
- Understand the talent landscape and design the appropriate hiring strategy to grow your team from scratch. Partner with Recruitment to source, attract and hire the best talent in Warsaw and Poland.
- Partner with leaders across Pre-Sales, Sales, Marketing, Product, Demo - Engineering and more across EMEA and US to understand the pain points and requirements for your team.
- Provide coaching and career development to grow the talent in your team.
- Effectively balance the workload and capacity of your team whilst ensuring you’re building talent for future demand.
- Working with finance to define quarterly budgets and manage headcount plans.
- Champion and nurture the Okta culture within the new Polish office and within your team.
- Be able to step in and be hands-on when needed with the team, keeping a certain level of technical knowledge and ability at all times.
We are looking for experience…
- Managing pre-sales talent and providing coaching and performance development
- Managing a recruitment process and scaling a team
- Strong Solution Engineering / Sales Engineering / Technical Account Management or Pre-Sales experience
- Experience working in the technology industry, ideally within SaaS
- Experience selling to Developer audience
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of some of the following technologies: IAM, CIAM, VPN, MDM, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Experience with one standard network security protocol. (ex: OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application. (ex: password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency.
It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organisation’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.