The Leader of Presales, Enterprise, works with the Americas Sales Leadership and will lead our team of Solution Engineers, Presales Architects and Specialists who are the go-to technical specialists assisting the sales team in generating growth all over the Americas. Your responsibility is to oversee technical pre-sales operations and achieve revenue generation, individual, team, and organizational goals. You will also play a key role in driving scaled strategic, enterprise-wide sales related initiatives within our Go To Market team. As the Leader of Presales, Enterprise you will interact at the senior level with customers and provide valuable insight into industry trends, customer challenges, technical evolutions, and business changes that will help the customer make their security decisions.
- Provides account support through Presales assignments, load balancing, continuity, planning strategies with Sales Management, Sales Reps, Presales, and customer meetings.
- Play a key role in a fast pace / hyper growth presales organization.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company, products, and solutions.
- Recruit and hire new Presales staff, Presales Managers.
- Assist with defining periodic Presales training curriculum.
- Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams.
- Represent the company in various technical PR activities and be a technical face of Okta in theater.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the theater.
- Develop, mentor, lead and support reporting presales teams with technical and organizational leadership.
- Lead development, continuous improvement, and maintenance of our tools, process and technical environments.
- Drive weekly team meetings. Coach direct reports regarding scoping and strategies to drive the sales process.
- Responsible for budgeting and scheduling to ensure Presales teams meet customer needs in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Manages the acquisition of supplemental resources including evaluation equipment and engagement of executives, technology specialists and product managers.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal functional areas to ensure solutions are implemented and exceed customer expectations.
- Plans executive briefings and supports events as needed.
- Be a key contributor for product development or enhancements to new and existing products to product management function.
- Frequent Travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in a presales capacity with at least 5-8 years managing and directing a sales engineering team.
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling security, identity and infrastructure technologies.
- Demonstrated success working with Enterprise companies.
- Strong customer relationship and people skills as well as strong written communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in a fast paced hyper growth environment is preferred.
- Ability to influence technical decision makers and executives.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience), MBA desired.
- 10+ Years' experience as a Sales Engineering Manager or Director.
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Okta’s roadmap and technology development efforts.
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive Okta’s customer base and maintain a general understanding of competitive selling strategies.
- Proven experience managing managers, not just individuals.
- Proven success selling platform solutions, with clear, tangible sales results (Security, SaaS, Cloud, etc.). Again, metrics matter.
- Has a reputation with the customers in the theater as a trusted advisor who will always take care of their needs.
- Pristine personnel management including demonstrated development plans and execution, reduced attrition results and initiatives, a clear history of promotions and success, etc.
- Solid track record in building, developing and recruiting diverse high-performance teams based on a large network of talent in the security and identity industry within a rapidly growing sales environment.
- A validated leader who can drive broader business conversations beyond his/her functional expertise.
- Demonstrated Lifetime Value expansion initiatives, with factual results upselling subscriptions and platform solutions.
- Demonstrated success working in a matrix manner with his/her extended teams, such as Support, Finance, WW Presales, HR, Product Management and other relevant organizations.
- Highly commercial in orientation, with a strong focus on the customer and a clear commitment to generating topline growth.
- Experience in successfully contributing to the growth of a hyper-growth organization.
- A highly autonomous individual that can lead a multi-functional project from the ground up and make things happen.
- A progressive thinker, extremely focused and capable of creating an evolving strategy to meet and anticipate both near and long-term development issues.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $294,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.