We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
We're looking to grow our Central European (DACH) pre-sales team this year, by hiring an additional Manager. This comes as we look to segment our teams and focus more on specific customer groups. We've grown massively over the last few years and want to continue maturing in this region as we explore new markets, new geographies and grow our talent.
As a Manager, Solutions Engineering you would…
- Manage a team Solutions Engineers, predominantly focusing on the larger accounts (Enterprise & Strategic)
- Provide coaching and development to your team ensuring professional growth and career development.
- Build effective relationships with cross functional leaders such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and more.
- Partner with HR, Finance and Operations to look at skills gaps, workforce planning and budget alignment.
- Partner with Recruitment to build best in class hiring plans and go to market strategies. Interview, assess, conduct case studies and navigate offers to secure the best talent for Okta. We expect this team to double this year, and again in the coming years.
- Collaborate with your Manager peers around best practice, market trends, employee internal moves and the overall functions strategy to support the team as they scale.
- Still remain hands on and be able to support your team with technical questions.
- Act as an ambassador for your team with the Product functions to deliver feedback from the field.
We are looking for experience…
- Managing high performing pre-sales teams
- Recruiting in a high growth environment.
- In a pre-sales / Solution Engineering / Sales Engineering role that is a blend of technical detail and value selling.
- Fluent in English and German
Nice to have:
- Technical skills gained in the security or identity space, such as IAM, CIAM, VPN, MDM, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Knowledge around the Okta platform and competitor product offerings
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency.
It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What we offer:
- Flexible work with the ability to work from home, or in the office at your choice. You manage your time.
- Generous stock in the company
- Car allowance
- Exceptional onboarding program for all new employees, plus continued learning and development through Okta University and specific accreditations.
- Team off-sites, events and networking opportunities.
- The chance to join a company growing
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.