Senior Manager, Solutions Engineer - Commercial, Central
We’re looking for someone who can confidently and credibly help lead the organization through a period of massive growth. Like all management positions at Okta, the Sr. Solutions Engineering Manager is expected to be hand- on and leading from the front.
This individual will act as a leader within the Presales Solutions Engineering team supporting commercial accounts and across the larger Okta organization; constantly looking for ways to expand on our success. They will build teams that can execute today; and grow to meet our future needs. Will define and maintain a high bar for expectations and support the team in achieving it. Challenge the team to continually grow. Drive your team’s needs with the product teams in headquarters and use your internal network and the presales leadership team to leverage best practices from around the world.
- BS or BA degree required.
- 7+ years experience supporting technical sales of enterprise IT solutions to corporate accounts or equivalent industry experience.
- Must be willing and able to act independently, including working at home and alone on client sites.
- Must be a self-starter, with both the ability to work independently or in a team.
- A strong technical background in Information Technology Security is desirable.
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering.
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Understands SaaS business models and preferably has working experience on Saas platforms.
- Knowledge of at least some of the following technologies: IAM, CIAM, VPN, MDM, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Knowledge around the Okta platform and competitor product offerings would be an advantage.
- You are an elite communicator
- Typically 20-30% travel, with peaks of 40%.
The following skills will further contribute to your credibility and success with your team, our customers, our product teams and your peers:
- Experience selling, designing or deploying an Identity Management Solution.
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol. (ex: OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application. (ex: password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to lead a high performing team.
- Manages the hiring, staffing, and development of a diverse and effective workforce.
- Define a technical strategy to support the company objectives.
- Define compensation plan based on goals.
- Develop and execute on a hiring/retention strategy, as well as analyze turnover.
- Define headcount plan to support the company objectives.
- Build a talent pipeline of potential candidates.
- Work in a hyper growth organization and has experienced fast pace scale.
- Work with operations and finance to define quarterly budget.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $222,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.