We believe Cloud Architects at Okta are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations ,provide subject matter expertise, and guide customers (everyone from developers to product managers to executives or leaders) on the best ways to deploy cloud security technology.
We believe in Okta’s Architects ability to empathize with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions. This allows the Architects to make recommendations that target customers’ needs - for the short term as well as the their projects’ lifecycles. Architects have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and we are looking creative individuals whose skills and career interests can utilize both. As an Architect at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Okta.
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology.
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies.
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
- Pre-sales engineering experience.
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting, support, or ideally solutions engineering.
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP).
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application. (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF).
- You are an elite communicator.
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Typically 10-25% travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.