Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Okta Solutions Engineering team is involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers.
We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, execute Proof of Concepts and Workshops to educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology.
We believe Okta’s Solutions Engineers empathize with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs.
You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilise both. As a Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform and are passionate to help drive customer success.
Okta Solutions Engineers are also open and collaborative to work with teammates globally and with our broad and growing Partner network in APAC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the regional sales team to develop strategic and technical account and territory plans
- Support our customers along their sales journey by showing them the value of the Okta technology through live demonstrations and sales presentations.
- Confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the customer's organization, including CxO, security, developers, Product Managers and IT administrators.
- Serving as the key technical advisor for our customers, leading the technical solutioning phase for our customers, partnering with the sales team and our partners. Acting as the Technical Advocate for our customers, with Internal Okta teams.
- Execute well-defined, outcome-focussed POCs
- Build and manage technical relationships with Okta Customers, Technology Partners and Delivery Partners.
- Participate in Okta Marketing led events, as a Speaker / Thought Leader and an attendee
- Enjoy travelling and meeting customers. Travel will be mainly domestic. There may also be opportunities to travel to other Asia Pacific countries to support teammates; and within the US for training and conferences.
Skills & experiences that will help in the role:
- Minimum of 5 year experience in a pre-sales consulting role, or customer facing consulting role.
- Experience with Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on, Security and API-based solutions
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and an ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, using various means, including in front of a whiteboard.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the customer's organization, including CxO, security, developers, and IT administrators.
- Proficient in either IT Security, Identity and Access Management or Developer domains
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, LDAP)
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches
- A passion to be in the forefront of technology, learning a diverse set of technologies that Okta integrates with and helping solve real world Identity challenges
- Enjoy being in a fast paced environment, operating at the speed of cloud, to help customers accelerate their journey to the cloud, rapid adoption of technology and design their Zero Trust security strategy with Identity as the foundation.
You might also have (not mandatory):
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field
- Software developer experience
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.