This is an exciting opportunity to come and work for Okta as a Solution Architect across our EMEA region. We are a leader in the Identity-As-A-Service for the Enterprise (IDaaS) and the Access Management market. We offer a complete access management platform for Workforce and Customer IAM.
A Solution Architect is considered the technical authority on both cloud and on-premises based IT systems. This is a specialist pre-sales role aimed at helping prospective customers to achieve their business goals while promoting creative solutions. Solution Architects must build relationships with key client stakeholders and must be experienced in using presentations, email, phone, and social media to connect with customers. The solution architects at Okta are involved in all stages of the customers' and partners' journey with Okta.
Solution architects at Okta are passionate technologists who are up-to-date on the latest cloud and hybrid stacks, can dive into code and love nothing more than applying their skills to a prospective customer challenge. The solution architects at Okta work with other Solution Engineers and Account teams to help convince customers and prospects that Okta can satisfy their requirements by recommending innovative architectural approaches to meet their short and long term goals.
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what is possible with Okta
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Provide technical discovery (via discovery calls/workshops), risk evaluation, and risk mitigation throughout the deal cycle
- Collaborate with Okta Engineering and Okta Sales Engineering teams as needed for recommendations to improve product and sales
- Confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the customer's organization, including CxO, security, developers, and IT administrators.
- Communicate how Okta integrates with a customer's existing environment and applications using various means, including whiteboarding and architecture diagrams.
- Utilize understanding of a customer's holistic environment, including firewalls, proxies, VPN, CASB, databases, and applications, to ensure that the proposed architecture is viable.
- Produce phased architecture artifacts that help clients understand the roadmap for success.
- Collaborate with Professional Services (Sales, Architects, Project Managers) for the successful transition from pre-sales to delivery of the solution implementations.
Requirements - Identity and Access Management Experience:
- Knowledge of solutions that integrate identity and access management.
- Experience with authentication protocols, e.g. OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML.
- Understanding core security concerns within a typical application, e.g. password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, CSRF.
Requirements – Education and Working Experience:
- Having a Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other engineering discipline is highly advantageous. A Master's Degree is preferred.
- 3+ years working as a Software Engineer, Software Architect or a Consultant.
- Previous experience as an architect is a plus.
Requirements - Solution Architecture & Development Experience:
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience with at least one web development language/technology, e.g. NodeJS, .NET, Java, etc.
- Working knowledge of authentication and authorization protocols and application security.
- Fluency in German.
- Proven experience in architecting and implementing cloud and hybrid solutions with AWS, Azure, Heroku or other cloud platforms, including mobile platforms.
- Experience in designing and developing APIs and RESTFul services.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Familiar with DevOps processes, e.g. continuous integration, etc.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.