Enterprise Solutions Engineer, UKI
We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
The UKI Solution's Engineering team is growing...
You would join a diverse team of passionate Solution Engineers in our most mature market of UKI. The enterprise team works on our biggest and most strategic deals; this is a space Okta wants to grow into over the coming years so a great place to be.
We offer remote or office based work with 2 offices in London and scheduled team days and socials. The global pre-sales organisation also meets for annual events such a Technology Summit where you can network with your colleagues.
As an Enterprise Solutions Engineer you will...
- Be involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers
- Building sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educating customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology.
- Empathising with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs.
- Using your technical savviness and business insights advise what is possible on the Identity Platform.
- Using the latest technology such as Salesforce, Vivun and RFPIO to make your work more efficient and streamlined.
- Collaborating with multiple teams across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Architects and more.
- Adopting a team mentality when it comes to account planning and strategy.
- Partnering with specialist engineers who are subject matter experts in a specific technology, such as CIAM, who you can learn from but also collaborate with to add deeper insight for clients.
- Evangelising the technology at events, webinars and workshops.
- Providing your voice on any opportunities for innovation, for both processes but also the product enhancements.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally pre-sales / Solutions Consulting / Sales Engineering.
- Experience working with enterprise clients.
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Experience learning and using new technologies.
- Team mentality and strong collaboration skills
Nice to have but not essential:
- Experience with Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on and API-based solutions
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.