We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
The Spanish Solutions Engineering team is growing!
As a Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will build strong, long standing relationships with our Customers, Partners and other Technology Vendors in Spain and Portugal. You will become their trusted advisor for anything Identity and Access Management related. You will get involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using presentations, whiteboarding, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology.
We believe in Okta’s Solutions Engineers empathize with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As an Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers and partners on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
Besides working with customers directly, you will be enabling, evangelizing, supporting Partners on and off the Sales Lifecycle, leading our partners in building Okta practices that deliver exceptional customer outcomes, helping them understand how Okta can best fit in their Go-To-Market (GTM) Strategy, integrating with their current offerings.
As an Okta Solutions Engineer you will:
- Be involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle, using presentations, whiteboardings, email, phone and social media to connect with customers;
- Build sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology;
- Empathize with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking right questions, showing them the value of Okta solutions;
- Using your technical savviness and business insights. As a Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform;
- Build and manage technical relationships with assigned Partners and team with the assigned Okta Partner Account Team.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- A self-starter mentality with strong desire to develop skills in Technical Sales;
- An understanding of IAM / IDaaS competitive landscape;
- Willingness to assume the responsibility of the region success, doing an extra mile for making it happen as a key team member;
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF);
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP, OIDC);
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic to a miscellaneous audience;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to articulate business value;
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played in customer-facing role like sales engineering;
- Enjoy travel and meeting customer - Typically 25% of your time;
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
Would be great if you also have:
This opportunity is flexible and can be based remotely in Spain, with travel to EMEA/US on an ad-hoc basis.
This role offers a possibility to become a founding member of the Spanish team, contributing directly to the company success in the region.
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.