- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- 5+ years pre-sales engineering experience
- Experience leading software/technical teams
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- Strong knowledge and if possible experience with CIAM
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- You are an elite communicator
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Typically 10-25% travel
- Lead a team of CIAM Specialists that:
- Supports the front-line sales team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Okta’s CIAM offerings
- Understands customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Prepares custom CIAM demos and designs/executes proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform
- Crafts technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Distills and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Advocate for the CIAM team and help it navigate through an ever-changing technical and business landscape
- Position the CIAM Specialist team to stay ahead of market and competitive trends to ensure all front-line teams are well equipped to address related challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
We believe Pre-Sales Solutions Engineers at Okta are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are experienced using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. Furthermore, the Specialist team supporting Sales Engineers and their efforts to provide the best possible solutions to our customers, are highly skilled individuals with expertise in a variety of technical and business areas. We are looking for great teammates that can build a team of CIAM Specialists and help them with creating custom product demonstrations, design and execute POCs and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology. We believe Okta’s Solutions Engineers and Specialists empathize with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a CIAM Specialist Manager at Okta, you will lead a team and help its members hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta’s Identity Platform.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.