Okta Events Code of Conduct
At Okta, diverse identities are what drive us forward. We are committed to creating a safe environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
All participants of Okta events must abide by the following policy:
- Be considerate of those around you.
- Be respectful of others and viewpoints that may be different from your own.
- Be mindful of your words and actions.
- Wear your badge at all times while at the event or event venues.
Unacceptable behaviors may include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language related to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
- Visual harassment, such as sexual images or sexual language at Okta Events, including presentations and slide decks.
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon, which may threaten or harm others.
- Bringing on site, or to be found in possession of any illegal substance.
- Intimidation or bullying, both online and/or in-person
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
- Sharing your event badge with another person(s).
- Failure to follow any of the rules or regulations of the event venues, or instructions of the event staff.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated and could result in debarment from current, and/or any future Okta events. If a participant is seen engaging in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund. If appropriate, local law enforcement may get involved.
If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations of the Okta Events Code of Conduct, you can contact us in the following ways:
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Any staff member working the Registration Desk.
If necessary, conference staff are empowered to take appropriate actions that may include, but are not limited to, debarment from the conference without refund and/or involving venue security or local law enforcement.
The Okta Events Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by Okta and the terms are non-negotiable.