Hi <Insert Manager’s Name>,
In our efforts this year to accelerate our business through technology, I would like to request your approval to attend Oktane20, Okta’s annual customer conference, taking place March 30 - April 2, 2020 in San Francisco. This is the leading identity-driven security conference and a great opportunity to connect and learn from thousands of other technology leaders.
Attending Oktane will allow me to:
- Expand my knowledge of Okta and its products: With over 70 breakout sessions covering the latest in access management, application integrations, lifecycle management, security, and customer identity, I will learn best practices and the latest product roadmaps that will help drive the following initiatives for our business:
- <initiative 1>
- <initiative 2>
- <initiative 3>
- Network with industry experts: I will have the opportunity to hear from thought leaders and peers that will offer new perspectives, strategies, and proven implementation plans that I can apply to our business.
- Evaluate solution providers: This is a great opportunity to meet with leading tech companies with deep Okta integrations, including Box, Slack, Zoom, Sailpoint, and RingCentral, as well as a host of emerging security vendors who can help us extend to new areas, from blockchain to biometrics. I’ll ensure we’re futureproofing our current investments and making more informed purchase decisions.
Here’s an outline of the expected investment:
- Travel + Hotel
- Airfare to San Francisco $ ---
- Transportation (to/from airport/hotel) $100
- Hotel (based on 3 nights) $1,000
- Conference registration (early bird expires 12/31) $995 (standard price $1,195)
- Total: $ -,---
Upon my return from Oktane20, I’ll share key takeaways and quick wins that we can implement immediately.
Thank you for your consideration of this request. To help mitigate costs, Okta has negotiated various discounted rates at local San Francisco hotels that I can take advantage of if I book my hotel early. Therefore, I appreciate your immediate attention to my request.
<Insert Your Name>