Why Customer Identity Matters Now (More Than Ever)
Customer experience is critical for success in the digital era, and customer identity access management (CIAM) is the tool every organisation needs to transform their CX. But what makes CIAM so important and how does it help deliver seamless and secure experiences that keep customers happy
Customers today are more demanding than ever before. They expect modern, seamless, highly personalised, and fully secure digital experiences across all platforms, whenever and wherever they wish. Organisations that fail to meet these demands run the risk of losing their customers’ trust and driving new business into the arms of their nearest competitor.
To stay ahead of the curve and deliver the delightful digital experiences modern customers have come to expect, more organisations than ever before are now turning to customer identity and access management (CIAM) for a solution. In this post we’ll explain why this is so and discuss all the ways CIAM can help organisations succeed in a digital-first future.
How does CIAM make modern customers happy?
In a fast-moving digital world where customers can solve almost every problem at the tap of a fingertip, waiting around for companies to get their act together is no longer an option. They want fast, frictionless access to all your products, services, information, and resources whenever they need it – and if you can’t give it to them, they’ll find someone else who can.
Thankfully, keeping up with evolving demands and delivering superior customer experiences is nowhere near as difficult as most people think – at least not when a modern CIAM solution like Okta is involved. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Simplifies customer access –deliver a seamless experience for your customers with innovations like passwordless authentication to all apps across all devices
- Personalises customer experiences – consolidate customer identities in one place and tailor each customer journey based on individual preferences
- Hyper automates provisioning – ensure all customers are onboarded quickly and have instant access to all the apps, platforms, and tools they need from day one
How does CIAM keep customers safe?
Alongside greater efficiency, preserving customer trust is critical to every organisations’ success in the digital era. Yet, as reports of ransomware and other cyber threats continue to rise, doubts and concerns over how organisations manage and protect personal data can quickly force customers to question their loyalty.
To cement their reputation as a trustworthy and reliable service provider, and to reassure every customer that keeping their data private is a primary concern, many organisations now invest modern CIAM solutions like Okta to:
- Keep customer accounts secure – protect customers at registration, authentication, and during in-app activity with multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Simplify data privacy and consent – empower customers to manage what personal data they are willing to allow your organisation to use, share, and store
- Maintain regulatory compliance – instil confidence in every customer by letting them know you’re fully GDPR and CCPA compliant
How does CIAM help modernise customer experience?
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic hit, the delivery of innovative, personalised, frictionless, and secure customer experiences has long been a strong ambition for many organisations across the globe. Today, digital transformation is more important than ever before, and any business that fails to keep up with the pace of change runs the risk of being left behind.
To help ensure they stay ahead of the race, organisations must invest in a modern CIAM solution that helps drive and accelerate digital transformation by:
- Streamlining cloud migration – simplify the management of hybrid cloud environments with a single identity layer for modern and legacy apps
- Removing technical debt – accelerate your shift away from burdensome legacy systems and embrace the modern cloud innovations that customers expect
- Opening the API economy – control and secure access to APIs so your organisation can grow and scale its API-driven business
Are you ready to start your CIAM journey?
At its core, CIAM is the foundational technology for satisfying increasingly complex customer demands. By helping your organisation deliver consistently secure and seamless digital experiences, CIAM is critical for securing customer trust while simplifying your journey towards a digital future.