A Beginner’s Guide to Building a Secure Website
Building a secure user login system for your web app from scratch can be a deceptively tricky job. The last thing you want to have to worry about is choosing the right password hashing algorithm or building a forgot password flow.
This webinar will teach you how to easily add secure login to your web apps using Okta, so that you can save time and get right into building the core of your application.
- The basics of how OAuth works
- How to use OAuth to secure a web application
- How to configure your OAuth server in Okta
- How to use OpenID Connect and JWTs to learn the identity of users who signed in
By the end of this session, you'll be able to:
- Implement an OAuth client in your programming language of choice
- Use OpenID Connect to get the logged-in user's name and email address