Identity 101 Index
- Multi-factor Authentication + VPN = Secure and Private
- Why Multi-Factor Authentication is Everywhere
- What is Strong Authentication? We Rank 6 Security Factors
- Should You Choose U2F or Adaptive MFA?
- Which Industries Require Two-Factor Authentication?
- Authentication vs Authorization
- What Is a Security Token (or Authentication Token) and How Does It Work?
- What to Look for in a Risk-Based Authentication Solution
- What is the Most Secure Authentication Method for Your Organization?
- Biometrics: Secure Authentication in the Modern Age
- What’s the Difference Between OAuth, OpenID Connect, and SAML?
- Take Your Security to the Next Level with Context-Based Authentication
- What Is Token-Based Authentication and Who Uses It?
- SAML vs. OAuth: Comparison and Differences
- Universal 2nd Factor (U2F): History, Evolution, Advantages
- Web Authentication: How Is Web API Basic Authentication Used?
- PEAP (Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol)
- CAPTCHA: Meaning, Types & How They Work
- Tips to Better Leverage Your Active Directory
- Single Sign-On: The Difference Between ADFS vs. LDAP
- How Okta Helps Automate User Provisioning for Active Directory
- LDAP vs. Active Directory: What's the Difference
Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM)
- Defining Customer Identity & Access Management (CIAM)
- How CIAM Solutions Help Protect Your Customers’ Data
- How Legacy Apps Are Moving to the Cloud: Office 365
- What Is Hybrid Cloud Architecture and How Can We Use It?
- What Is Cloud Native Architecture: A Guide
- Arriving at a Hybrid IT Definition
- How To Plan a Successful Cloud Migration Strategy
Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- User Access Management Basics
- An Overview of Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- What is IDaaS? Understanding Identity as a Service and Its Applications
- Privacy, Security, Efficiency: The Benefits of a Cloud Identity Provider
- Setting Up IAM: Managing Permissions to Ensure Compliance
- How Identity and Access Management Quietly Powers Your Company
- How to Start Investing in Identity and Access Management
- What Is Identity Management and Access Control?
- The Importance of Centralized Identity Management
- The Changing Landscape of Enterprise Identity Management
- 4 Key Things You Should Know About Access Governance
- Identity Governance: What It Is & Why Your Business Needs It
- Access Token: Definition, Architecture, Usage & More
- What Is Access Control & How Crucial Is It to Cybersecurity?
- What Is Authorization? Definition & Comparison with Access Control
- What is a Network Access Server?
- Why Your Company Needs an Identity Provider
- How Identity Governance Protects Your Business
- ICMP Protocol (Internet Control Message Protocol): A Guide
- HMAC (Hash-Based Message Authentication Codes) Definition
- IDS vs. IPS: Definitions, Comparisons & Why You Need Both
- HTTP Error 431: Definition, Status, Causes & Solutions
- SD-Wan: Defining a Software-Defined Wide Area Network
- What Is Cached Data? Why & How Should You Clear It?
- HLS Streaming: Definition, Usage, Pros & Cons
- What Is 184.108.40.206 & Does It Really Make Your Internet Safer?
- What Is BaaS (Backend as a Service)? Definition and Usage
- Black-Box Testing: Definition, Types & Techniques
- Scale Securely: Establishing Universal Directory Policies
- Understanding Lifecycle Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Managing the User Lifecycle: Device Provisioning Made Easy
- What Is Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)?
- Role-Based Access Control vs Attribute Based Access Control
Single Sign-on (SSO)
- What to Look for When Choosing a Single Sign-On Solution
- How to Choose Your SSO Strategy
- Build a Strategy for Password Management
- Federated Identity Management vs. Single Sign-On: What’s the Difference?
- What Is Federated Identity?
- 3 Common Mistakes That Lead to a Security Breach
- Building Zero Trust Networks: Securing the Perimeter
- How to Set Up Privileged Access Management
- What Is Corporate Account Takeover and How Do We Prevent It?
- Why Is Cloud Security So Important?
- Reducing Your Attack Surface: A Guide
- What Is Least Privilege Access—and Why Do You Need It?
- What is an Attack Surface? (And How to Reduce It)
- Scareware: Definition, Identification & Prevention
- What Is a VPN & How Does It Work?
- Hashing vs. Encryption: Definitions & Differences
- What Is LDAP & How Does It Work?
- DMZ Network: What Is a DMZ & How Does It Work?
- DNS Poisoning (DNS Spoofing): Definition, Technique & Defense
- Asymmetric Encryption: Definition, Architecture, Usage
- ARP Poisoning: Definition, Techniques, Defense & Prevention
- Credential Stuffing: Definition, Techniques & Defense
- Public Key Encryption: What Is Public Cryptography?
- Security as a Service (SECaaS): Advantages & Services
- Ransomware Defined: How Does It Work & How to Prevent It
- IP Spoofing Unraveled: What It Is & How to Prevent It
- Penetration Testing: What Is It & Why Is Pentesting Required?
- Password Encryption: How Do Password Encryption Methods Work?
- Intrusion Prevention System: What Is An IPS? How Do They Work?
- Tokenization Explained: What Is Tokenization & Why Use It?
- RSA Encryption: Definition, Architecture, Benefits & Use
- Hashing Algorithm Overview: Types, Methodologies & Usage
- PGP: Defining Pretty Good Privacy & How PGP Encryption Works
- Cyber Kill Chain Defined: A Review of Cyber Kill Chain Steps
- Macro Virus: Definition, Operation, Prevention & Removal
- Steganography: What Is It and How Does Steganography Work?
- Advanced Persistent Threat: Definition, Lifecycle, and Defense
- What Is Application Security & Why Is It Essential?
- Firewall: Definition, How They Work and Why You Need One
- CSRF Attack: Cross-Site Request Forgery Definition & Defense
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) 101
- Defining Buffer Overflow Attacks & How to Defend Against Them
- Clickjacking: Definition, Defense & Prevention
- Data Exfiltration: Definition, Damage & Defense
- Data Integrity: Definition, Importance & Security Impacts