Okta Integration Network
What makes this product unique
- Protection for 20+ platforms including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile devices. Having one solution for all systems reduces complexity and costs, especially when compared with deploying multiple backup tools for different types of systems.
- Top-notch backup and restore speed. Proprietary archiving technology, the result of 15 years of ongoing research and innovation that’s based on the asynchronous data-access engine, allows best-in-industry backup and recovery speed – at 500 MB/sec and faster.
- Nearly unlimited scalability. Unlike the majority of backup solutions (especially local appliance-based products), Acronis Backup Cloud requires zero additional investments to scale the backup system. Its hybrid cloud architecture and multi-tier/multi-tenant model avoids unnecessary, undesirable, often unplanned expenses.
- The backup industry’s most advanced anti-ransomware protection. Although some vendors claim to incorporate AI-based ransomware protection, their solutions have three main disadvantages: low accuracy of ransomware detection (because of primitive algorithms), no ability to stop a ransomware attack (just detection), and no automatic restoration of deleted files (only via manual restore).
- Flexible storage options. Acronis offers numerous backup storage options per the 3-2-1 rule of backup, so customers remain compliant with business requirements: ready-to-use Acronis Cloud Storage, integration with AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platforms, Acronis Backup Gateway software component to store backups on third-party off-site storage, local networked storage and Acronis Storage, and a scale-out on-premises storage solution.
- Minimal impact on customers’ systems’ performance. Since backup management operations are performed off-site, the load is taken off customer systems. Plus, there are no additional server resources required for customers.
- Integrated, proprietary cyber-protection technologies. Fueled by over 100 patents, the Acronis AnyData Engine is a set of deep and powerful cyber-protection technologies that captures, stores, recovers, controls and accesses data in virtual, physical, cloud and mobile environments.
- Cost-effective DRaaS. Acronis Disaster Recovery Cloud is a DRaaS add-on for Acronis Backup Cloud. This means service providers can ‘flip a switch’ to add DR functionality to existing backup systems - reducing deployment time to mere minutes. By reusing the backup solution’s components, the only additional component required on the customer’s side is a virtual VPN appliance. The “all-in-one” backup + DR approach enables multi-layer protection for entire environments with faster recovery, greater ease – and less expense.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.