authID Verified Passwordless & Biometric MFA
Combining Okta with VerifiedTM prevents unauthorized access and business disruption due to compromised credentials across your entire workforce, with adaptive biometric and FIDO2 authentication
authID’s Verified delivers Human Factor Authentication combining strong FIDO2 passwordless authentication with cloud biometric MFA to authenticate the human behind the device. With more than 80% of data breaches exploiting the human element, such as social engineering, MFA attacks and credential phishing, today’s cybercriminals prey on passwords and human error.
Verified™ Workforce combined with Okta eliminates passwords, credential compromise, and related business disruption risks. By pairing frictionless identity assurance with device authentication assurance, Verified offers:
Strong Identity Assurance - Always know it’s your authorized user – not just their device. Throw away identity assumptions with FIDO2 authentication, bound to Verified’s biometric chain of trust.
Portable Identity - Cloud-biometrics provide seamless user authentication across device or operating system, so users can securely enroll additional devices with no help desk hassles, and connect using any authorized mobile device or computer.
Secure Account Recovery - Protect against unauthorized access and eliminate weak recovery methods. Cloud biometrics frictionlessly reaffirm user identity in the event of lost, stolen, or replaced devices.
How Verified Works. Zero Trust Access Anywhere
With a quick selfie enrollment, Verified binds a user’s cloud biometric identity to their FIDO2 enrolled device passkey. For workforce enrollment requiring higher identity verification, Verified also includes remote biometric and document-based identity verification. Employees now login safely to your enterprise applications without passwords using device-biometric technologies, such as Windows Hello, Apple FaceID and TouchID, and others.
When the enterprise needs to elevate privileges to add or recover a device, authenticate access to a sensitive application or provide privileged access to critical systems, Verified steps the user up to an auditable, biometric MFA. Available anywhere, Verified delivers the portability your users demand through a seamless experience delivered in a browser on any device, without the hassles of software or hardware authenticators.
Verified leverages OIDC and an API-first approach to support Human Factor Authentication across all your cloud/SaaS and legacy systems that run your organization--without holes in security. With Verified plus Okta, authentication responsibilities are delegated to authID to ensure that you always know who is behind every access request. Verified can prove immutably that an authorized user is in possession of a FIDO registered device, to prevent unauthorized access and data compromise dynamically – across your enterprise.
Learn more about Verified Documentation and the Okta+Verified Partnership Overview at https://developer.authid.ai/docs/verified/intro
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Event Hooks
- Inbound Federation
- Outbound Federation
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Workflow Templates
- Workflows Connectors
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.