BambooHR is the No. 1 Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company providing online HR Software for small and medium businesses that have outgrown spreadsheets.
BambooHR's cloud-based system is an intuitive, affordable way for growing companies to track and manage essential employee information in a personalized Human Resources Information System (HRIS). With BambooHR, people managers now have more time for meaningful work and executives get accurate and timely reports. Employees can self-service their time off using the convenient mobile app.
The pre-built BambooHR app integration for Okta keeps your HR and IT in sync. Updates to employee data and profiles in BambooHR inform IT systems, enabling automated user lifecycle management across both SaaS and on-premises apps in conjunction with directories like Microsoft Active Directory.
HR Information Systems (HRIS), like BambooHR, are usually the system of record for employee information. IT needs this employee data in order to create new accounts, provision applications, and deactivate users when they leave a business. This exchange between HR and IT can be a friction-filled process and is high risk for data transcription error and security vulnerabilities. With the explosion of cloud-based apps, HR systems, and directories, communication between HR and IT needs to be drastically simplified and improved.
- Process inefficiency: It’s time-consuming to transmit employee data through email or file extracts—and risky, too
- Security loopholes: Deprovisioning users takes an average of 47 working hours—a long time to be unsecured
- Wasted employee time: Filing helpdesk tickets and waiting for apps and permissions updates takes a toll on output
in IT savings
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Event Hooks
- Inbound Federation
- Inline Hooks
- Outbound Federation
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Workflow Templates
- Workflows Connectors
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.
Here is a section all about documentation, integration, and implementation.