Okta Integration Network
Buildium is a cloud-based property management solution that enables managers of residential and association properties to take complete control of every aspect of their business, including rent, vacancy and maintenance cycles, and finances & accounting.
Buildium streamlines the rent cycle with key features like tenant and lease tracking, full general ledger accounting, automated rent and late fee reminders and on-demand reports. Additionally, rent collection can be automated; and property managers can receive online payments via Buildium’s tenant portal.
Management of the vacancy cycle begins with syndicating vacancies to Buildium’s listing partners (Zillow, Trulia, Craigslist, etc) as well as Buildium’s own free marketing website. When applicants fill out Buildium’s online rental applications, the information is saved instantly to the Buildium tenant database. Buildium also offers tenant screening services for background checks.
Tenants and rental owners can submit requests online via Buildium’s tenant and owner portals. Property managers can turn these requests into work items and assign them to maintenance managers and staff using Buildium or Buildium’s mobile app.
Buildium has recently added new features such as: a Resident Center website & mobile app; Renter’s Insurance offerings for residents; a new bulk credits tool to apply credits on multiple tenant lease ledgers at one time; and an updated lease renewals process.
Buildium’s tiered-pricing plans do not require a start-up fee or annual contract. A monthly subscription includes 24/7 support from a customer care team. Customers can submit support request tickets anytime or take advantage of extended phone support, available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EDT.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.