Cerner Corporation is a leading supplier of health information technology (HIT) solutions, services, devices and hardware.
- New technologies are enabling promising benefits in the healthcare industry, but the adoption of new technologies can also come with additional complexity
- In healthcare specifically, sensitive patient data needs to be protected, and there are additional considerations like compliance and regulations
- Healthcare providers need fast, reliable access to patient data any time and from any work location, and simple, secure user authentication to protect that data
With Okta + Cerner integrated together, healthcare providers get anytime, anywhere access, including aggregated data on individuals and patient populations to inform predictive decisions
Patients get portals they can use, and patient data across systems can be viewed in one comprehensive longitudinal record
Strong identity keeps healthcare assets, including sensitive patient data, secure at all times
Healthcare organizations gain new tools to securely support an evolving, mobile workforce
Give patients simple, secure access to their own records
Patient portals powered by Cerner and secured by Okta Single Sign-On (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) empower patients and families to actively engage in the healthcare process by viewing vital health data, sharing self-reported information, scheduling appointments, and communicating with providers anytime, anywhere, from any device.
Use data to enable better-informed healthcare decisions
Cerner’s cloud-based health platform HealtheIntent aggregates data from multiple sources across the entire healthcare ecosystem, using broad population data to help inform healthcare options. Okta’s SSO keeps access secure and simple, getting technology out of the way so providers and patients can access this data easily.
Dramatically improve hospital management and workflows
Backed by Okta’s best-in-breed identity management, Cerner’s Clairvia platform provides hospitals with secure, efficient workforce management tools, using data-driven forecasting and predictive intelligence to automate processes and schedule intelligently based on staff competencies and availability.
Make healthcare more efficient and effective
- Empower patients to play a role in their own healthcare through easy and secure access to patient portals
- Enable a mobile healthcare workforce to access sensitive patient data simply and securely, from inside and outside the hospital
- Provide the enterprise with cloud-based efficiency gains across the system, including remote monitoring, video visits, and real-time interventions
- Keep sensitive patient information secure but readily accessible to authorized patients and providers, reducing multiple passwords, password resets, and other frustrating blockers
|Platform||Uses SAML||Supports Cerner SAML Specification|
|Cerner Millennium||Not currently||Not currently|
|Cerner Soarian||Yes||Not currently|
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Event Hooks
- Inbound Federation
- Inline Hooks
- Outbound Federation
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Workflow Templates
- Workflows Connectors
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.
Here is a section all about documentation, integration, and implementation.