Okta Integration Network
Demisto, a Palo Alto Networks Company
Okta and Palo Alto Network's Demisto work together to help security analysts better understand and get in front of threats as they emerge. Okta's enriched gives security teams visibility into each user's groups and roles, what apps and data they can access, and other contextual information that can streamline the investigation process and orchestrate an informed response. On a suspicious log-in from a new device or location, for example, security teams can automatically take actions like restricting access to sensitive applications or prompting step-up authentication, and can suspend a compromised account or conduct a password reset.
- Security teams manage a variety of disparate security tools that often lack integration and automation capabilities
- Security teams are also strapped with limited resources, including time and talent, which makes it harder to manage and protect their environments
- Attackers are increasingly targeting people, rather than infrastructure, forcing security teams to refocus their security strategy around identity as a centralized control point
Okta supports a variety of automated actions in Demisto against account-based attacks
Increased visibility on user activity and user context improves security investigation
Orchestrated response actions enable identity to serve as a security control point
Provide more complete visibility on identity
Security teams manage complex environments, often with siloed information and manual processes. Okta and Demisto integrate via RESTful APIs to provide more complete visibility through rich identity context and user activity. Without having to leave their familiar dashboard tools, security analysts can query user activity for risky events, like failed log-ins or new factor enrollments, to get in front of threats as they emerge. Okta also enables additional enrichment so security teams can instantly view a user’s groups and roles, what apps and data they can access, and other contextual information to further enhance the investigation of threats. Now Okta provides comprehensive visibility through user activity and identity context to streamline the investigation process in Demisto.
Orchestrate and automate an informed security response
Security teams often have a variety of security tools at their disposal. Given that resources can often be limited, they need these tools to integrate better together and enable automation.s. In order to close the security loop, Okta and Demisto also integrate to enable identity-centric orchestrated response actions. Now security teams can better respond to suspicious account activity, like a log-in from a new device or location, by automatically restricting access to sensitive applications or prompting for step-up authentication. If, after further investigation, the user does appear to be compromised, security teams can take additional remediation actions by suspending the compromised account and conducting a password reset. Together, Okta and Demisto enable automated actions to enforce identity as a security control point.
Harness the full power of your comprehensive cybersecurity solution
With Okta + Demisto working together, enterprises can provide better integration and automation between security tools, especially for identity-centric visibility and response. Now security teams can:
- Use identity context to enrich, understand, and analyze security alerts as they arise
- Prioritize alerts and orchestrate informed security responses in order of importance
- Contain and remediate threats quickly and decisively, through a range of automated identity-centric actions
- Enhance your visibility and response by enabling identity as a key control point