HotSchedules is the restaurant and hospitality industry’s leading employee scheduling solution because it’s the fastest and easiest way to manage your schedule and communicate with your team.
Team members love it because they can swap, pick-up, or release shifts in the mobile app with one click. Work-life balance is easily managed with automatic shift pick ups when you want more hours, and time off requests for when you don’t. Calendar sync, notifications and messaging keep teams connected and up-to-date on schedule changes.
Managers appreciate the time savings when building schedules and one-click approvals for shift changes. The labor forecasting and compliance management features help managers control costs and minimize compliance risk. And most importantly, staying connected with broadcast and one-to-one messaging makes for happy and productive team culture.
HotSchedules is part of a complete Workforce Management solution powered by the Fourth platform. Additional modules include:
Time & Attendance - Process payroll quickly and accurately with our integrated app for generating aggregated punch data while flagging exceptions for missing breaks, overtime, and more. Keep payroll compliant with special pay calculations for meals, breaks, and predictive scheduling. Additional savings are realized when adding the Webclock option for geofencing and overtime and missed clock-in alerts.
Logbook - Based on the gold standard Manager’s Redbook, our digital Logbook eliminates the endless back and forth communications with consolidated shift notes, task lists, messages, and more. Communicate critical information between shifts and assign tasks right from your phone improving employee performance, and accountability.
Labor Forecasting - Save money and improve experiences at the same time through smarter scheduling. Managers maintain higher accuracy between forecasted, scheduled, budgeted, and actual hours with our next-level forecasting solution.
Reporting & Analytics - Our complete reporting and analytics solution reveals operational insights by consolidating scheduling, time and attendance, labor forecasting, and POS data in one place. Out-of-the-box dashboards reveal aggregated labor data for regional or corporate analysis while store-level reporting helps managers keep track of KPIs from shift-to-shift.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Attribute Sourcing
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.