IBM Security MaaS360 with Watson is a unified endpoint management (UEM) solution that transforms the way that organizations support users, apps, content, and data across every type of device. Its open, cloud-based platform integrates with preferred security and productivity tools, allowing modern business leaders to derive immediate value.
Combine Okta’s best-in-class identity solution with the IBM MaaS360 unified endpoint management system to manage and secure your organization’s devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
Single Sign On: End users and administrators can use Okta Single Sign-On (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) when enrolling devices into IBM MaaS360 or accessing either the end user self service or administrator portal.
Device Trust: The integration with IBM Cloud Identity Connect enables pairing Okta user context with IBM MaaS360 device context to make fine-grained access control decisions. IBM MaaS360 inspects incoming devices for enrollment status and compliance, which is then used in determining access. Okta adds the ability to dynamically and automatically manage access based on a variety of factors, such as user location, type of request, and timing of request.
With this integration, you can:
- Bring SSO and MFA to IBM MaaS360, delivering a familiar Okta sign-on experience for end users
- Inspect devices trying to access your network, and restrict or reject untrusted devices
- Add user context to device context for a comprehensive view of the security landscape
- Require step-up authentication for users with unmanaged devices (via Okta Adaptive MFA)
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Attribute Sourcing
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.