Namely covers your essential HR needs and compliance requirements in one place. It helps you recruit, onboard, and manage your employees, ensure they get paid, and offer perks to attract and retain them. Manage all of your HR data in one place, with personalized service to help your company get better, faster.
Okta's integration with Namely unifies IT and HR activities by using employee data and profiles to inform the user lifecycle across your enterprise's IT systems.
Namely and other HR Information Systems (HRIS) are often the system of record for keeping track of employee data, sharing employee updates with IT in order to create new user accounts, provision them for applications, and deactivate them when they leave the company. But as directories, apps, and human resource information systems migrate to the cloud, HR and IT need to find less risky and more efficient systems for inter-departmental communication.
- Inefficient processes: It’s time-consuming and risky to send data through email, file extracts, and attachments
- Gaps in security: It takes a typical company about two full days to deprovision a departing user, adding risk
- Idle employees: Waiting for helpdesk tickets, app assignments and permissions updates costs precious hours
Okta’s integration with Namely unifies IT and HR by using Namely’s employee data and updates to inform the user lifecycle across the enterprise’s IT systems like SaaS and on-premises applications, as well as Microsoft’s Active Directory.
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Event Hooks
- Inbound Federation
- Outbound Federation
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Workflow Templates
- Workflows Connectors
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.
Here is a section all about documentation, integration, and implementation.