Update "overview" to: Onfido believes that identity is more than numbers. We digitally prove a user's real identity using AI. First we verify their photo ID, then match it against their facial biometrics. This means businesses don’t have to compromise on experience, inclusion, privacy or security. Our solution helps organizations scale and grow revenue confidently. That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Clear and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard customers remotely and securely.
- Data breaches have become commonplace, and identity fraud is at an all-time high
- Enterprises of all kinds, especially those that handle high- risk transactions such as financial and healthcare organizations, are looking to add deeper levels of security to validate user identity
- Consumers are demanding frictionless user experience with high level of security
Together, Okta and Onfido provide the ability for organizations to validate their customers are tied to real legal identity documents and grant them access to the sites and services they need. Okta provides the access management, authentication, and tokenization needed to manage customer identities, while Onfido provides the means to validate their legal identities in a remote setting.
By combining Okta with Onfido, you can enable document identity proofing to your security arsenal
Scanning government IDs, “live-proofing,” and other techniques ensure online customers are who they say they are
Customers, now authenticated and identified in Okta, can then be granted secure access to apps and assets
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.