Productiv is the first enterprise-class SaaS management platform that creates insights to unlock the productivity of your workforce. IT, Finance, and Business leaders collaborate within Productiv to understand application adoption, increase company productivity, and reduce the cost of SaaS expenditures. The most innovative companies in the world trust Productiv, including Zoom, Box, Fox Media, Robinhood, and more. With Productiv, you can do much more than just manage SaaS licenses - you have the insight to proactively help the business grow with a better understanding of how to use the power of every application you use.
- IT struggles to see a single view of all software use across the enterprise - whether its known, contracted spend or shadow IT
- Understanding the actual use of SaaS applications in a consistent way is a black box for IT and the business
- SaaS Renewals are typically a surprise to both IT and procurement, leading to reactive contract conversations
- IT cannot be proactive in helping the business with an application strategy
Together Okta and Productiv give you complete visibility into what SaaS applications you are using, and how you are using them. When you connect Productiv with Okta, you can:
Have a complete view of all contracted, managed, and unmanaged applications in your enterprise
Automate workloads to simplify the ongoing management of licenses
See feature-by-feature utilization of the most important applications
Identify applications that could benefit from Single Sign-On (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) security - but aren’t leveraging them today
Discover all SaaS applications
Get rid of your spreadsheets.
- Visualize your entire SaaS portfolio with platform integrations to your SSO, CASB, HRMS, and expense and finance systems
Uncover Shadow IT
See application engagement, spend, and renewal data in a single console
Manage the full license lifecycle
Ensure the right licenses are in the right hands at all times. Focus on right-sizing your license usage so that you’re not wasting money on unnecessary or unused licenses or the wrong license tiers.
Configure automated license workflows based on individual usage patterns
Automatically provision, deprovision, upgrade, or downgrade licenses
Alerts notify you when licenses are running low
Drive application adoption
Get the full ROI of your application investments.
Identify gaps in adoption of specific features or within specific teams and partner with line-of-business owners to drive precise enablement and user training
Set adoption goals to maximize your organizational value of existing applications
No Renewal Surprises
Take a data-driven approach to every renewal.
Leverage our in depth SaaS Renewal Calendar to plan, prioritize, and alert your team to every critical renewal
Productiv analyzes app usage beyond the login so you can understand if you’re getting value for each license tier
Compare apps and features that overlap, so you can consult the business on which applications to standardize
How it Works
Simply connect Productiv to Okta via API. Additionally connect your core platforms such as finance & expense, contract systems, CASB, and HR platforms. From there you’ll have complete view of your applications. You can go even deeper by connecting Productiv directly to the SaaS applications that your organization needs.
Take control of your SaaS strategy through unique insights
The combination of Productiv and Okta will give you the ability to not only control SaaS costs, but also provide the business with a more strategic look at how they should be considering SaaS application investments.
Our approach will give you the visibility into SaaS that you’re missing today, and leverage that visibility to optimize your usage of existing applications, automate away the busy work around SaaS Management, and deliver the insights that will finally allow you to be more strategic for SaaS in time, investment, and strategy.
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Event Hooks
- Inbound Federation
- Outbound Federation
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Workflow Templates
- Workflows Connectors
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.
Here is a section all about documentation, integration, and implementation.