Okta Integration Network
Sage People SAML
Why Sage People?
Get your people productive with a better workforce experience, which you’ll benefit from in return. Our global Sage People system helps increase workforce visibility, boosts HR productivity, and provides better experiences across the entire workforce.
Sage People has over 350k end users in more than 145 countries. We truly care about your success — there’s a reason why our customer team is called ‘Customers for life’. Our 96% renewal rate is a testament to the value we place on our customers’ success. Together with our expert Salesforce and HR consultants and partners, we work tirelessly and passionately to understand what success means for you and your people and deliver just that.
Built on Salesforce, the world’s #1 cloud platform, Sage People benefits from its powerful and secure capabilities. With Sage People you can:
Improve workforce visibility: Get instant visibility into your workforce with a single source of truth. Sage People leverages Salesforce reports and dashboards to provide actionable insights that enable you to make smarter workforce decisions.
Deliver great workforce experiences: Armed with stronger insights about your employees, you can work back from that to create great workforce experiences. Great experiences drive engagement, which increases overall employee performance.
Increase workforce productivity: Design smarter and more agile ways of working: with Sage People you can automate key tasks and create new workflows through user configuration.
Maintain global and local compliance: Create and enforce global policies while enabling managers to remain compliant with local regulations.
Help your organization become a People Company: The changing world of work requires new ways of working, new HR and employee focused processes are replacing traditional HCM practices. With Sage People you can support and nurture your people, your most valuable asset.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.