Segment is a customer data platform that helps your teams access clean and reliable data to make real-time decisions, accelerate growth, and personalize experiences. With Segment, companies can connect and activate reliable first-party data across 300+ marketing, analytics, and data warehousing tools.
Segment's partnership with Okta allows selected customer data to be securely available to more than 60 select endpoints, such as Eloqua, Hubspot, Google Analytics, and Salesforce.
- Organizations are increasingly deploying a variety of technologies to track and accelerate customer engagement
- Separately, organizations are turning to customer identity solutions like Okta to securely manage user registration and authentication
- Manually connecting the two by sending data downstream to email service providers, customer relationship management tools (CRMs), data warehouses, and analytics tools can provide value, but can also be difficult and time consuming
The Okta + Segment integration pairs the world’s leading independent identity provider with the leading cloud-based Customer Data Infrastructure provider
This solution makes selected customer data available to 60+ endpoints you select, such as Eloqua, Hubspot, Google Analytics, and Salesforce
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Event Hooks
- Inbound Federation
- Outbound Federation
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Workflow Templates
- Workflows Connectors
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.