Founded in 1998, Skillsoft has grown rapidly to become the global leader in corporate learning. With 2,300 employees across multiple locations in North America, EMEA and APAC, Skillsoft trains more professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the world’s leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500.
Today we train over 45 million users and our content is accessed more than 130 million times every month. Over the last 20 years, we have trained more than 400 million users with over one billion learning modules. With a library of more than 500,000 assets that enable learners to Watch, Read, Listen and Practice, Skillsoft offers unrivaled access to the largest and most comprehensive set of corporate training assets in the world.
Technology & Developer
Skillsoft delivers training to more technology professionals than any other corporate learning company. Every year, we deliver 26 million hours of learning content to more than 5 million learners worldwide. Continual learning is an organization’s most important tool in adapting to this unprecedented technology transformation where new roles are rapidly evolving, new skill sets are required and business and technology sides of the business are increasingly converging.
To ensure they can retain talent, organizations need to provide enterprise technology professionals and software developers with access to an abundance of multi-modal resources to prepare for certification exams, trouble-shoot on demand, or acquire new technical skills. Finally, an area often overlooked for technology professionals is soft skills – these are crucial for developing effective leaders and communicators.
Skillsoft offers an unparalleled solution, developed in conjunction with our industry-leading experts who carefully curate multi-modal resources into hundreds of learning channels. These channels incorporate several learning modalities including video learning, hands-on practice labs, virtual mentoring and access to the largest library of leading certification prep books and audiobooks.
The Skillsoft Leadership Development Program addresses the changing way in which organizations need to develop their leaders by providing a scalable, cost-effective, and engaging leadership development experience designed for the modern, digital learner. The courses support the following new competencies for leading in the digital economy, including:
• The Agile Leader: Perseverance and Flexibility
• Leading Virtually
• Leading Innovation
• Leading Through the Challenge of Change
• Embracing Diversity in Leadership
• Leading with Digital Technology
• Leading Through Disruption
• Leading a Customer-Centric Culture
• And more
A unique learning design and scenario-based pedagogy set the Skillsoft Leadership Development Program apart in the market. Skillsoft’s unique approach leverages a common set of characters throughout the curriculum, including a “leader mentor.” Through compelling drama and pragmatic storytelling, Skillsoft models the critical human-interaction elements of leadership and demonstrates effective implementation strategies within the team context, allowing learners to tie learning to on-the-job leadership behaviors.
Learners also benefit from a wide array of tools and application resources, including reflection questions, knowledge checks, post-course assessments, facilitation guides, leader-led activities and exercises. Additionally, close to 800 carefully curated video-based assets, books, book summaries, audio books and expert-authored content extend the learning.
High-performing organizations know their competitive advantage is directly tied to their ability to develop and deploy their talent effectively, reinforced by access to training programs that not only align to business objectives but support project execution. Today execution happens in mission-based teams, with a rate of change that requires individuals to be nimble and prepared for a new responsibility at any time. A learning solution must have a broad base of content topics and modalities and be available when needed.
Skillsoft’s business skills courses are designed for modern learners. We’ve created fresh, new business skills videos in a variety of formats including scenario-based storytelling, animation, and panel discussions with subject matter experts.
Digital transformation is driving a convergence of business and management skills with traditional IT skills. This convergence is causing companies to rethink existing organizational structures, create new roles and recruit and develop new skill sets and competencies among their workforces. Primary research with Skillsoft customers highlights that more than two-thirds of all organizations believe they do not have the right skillsets, competencies or operating models to adapt in the shifting digital economy.
Digital Transformation Fundamentals for Business features more than 50 video-based courses across seven competency domains: Essentials of Digital Transformation, Data Science, Digital Experiences, Agility for Digital Transformation, Digital Marketing & Communications, Virtual Work and Digital Soft-skill Competencies.
Skillsoft Compliance Solutions provides legal, ethics and workplace safety training through a full suite of customizable compliance training options tailored around each customer’s unique, industry-specific requirements.
With one of the largest selections of compliance topics available, Skillsoft Compliance Training Solutions ensure organizations effectively meet regulatory requirements and mitigate risk. To aid your organization in addressing global audience requirements, we include language and cultural considerations to promote awareness around critical risk areas—all while building a strong culture of compliance through a comprehensive suite of training, services and technology.
Our compliance courseware and videos are developed in partnership with industry-leading subject matter experts to ensure customers receive up-to-date, relevant and reliable content. Courses are available in 30+ languages, each developed around key instructional design principles to better engage learners and accelerate ethical and safety workplace practices across the organization. Our approach focuses on business outcomes by aligning our tools with the organization’s objectives to ensure we not only address the challenges in training the workforce, but also incorporate training into the overall business strategy.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Attribute Sourcing
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.