Socure is the leading platform for digital identity verification and trust. Its predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from physical government-issued documents as well as email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, date of birth, SSN, and the broader internet to verify identities in real time. It is the only solution that analyzes and correlates every facet of an individual’s digital identity to accurately verify individual identities while simultaneously detecting fraudulent ones. Together Socure and Okta, provide complimentary offerings that enable organizations to deliver an effortless identity verification experience for end-user registration workflows. Okta provides the authentication and access management needed to manage customer identities, while Socure provides the fully automated identity proofing and risk-based identity decisioning needed to validate digital identities in remote settings.
• Americans Without Credit History - 20% of Americans have “thin” credit files and are invisible to legacy solutions that rely on credit data alone to establish a view of whether a person exists.
• Those Most in Need - Americans most in need are the most underserved by legacy solutions that cause burdensome experiences accessing online services while also failing to prevent identity fraud.
• Americans Without IDs - Many legacy solutions only effectively serve Americans with government IDs, leaving a population deprived of needed benefits (some studies found that 11% of Americans lack these IDs)
• Complete View of Identity - Utilize identity elements (e.g., SSN, Name, Email address, IP, phone, device), natively orchestrated by advanced AI/ML, to maximize accuracy, reduce false positives, and eliminate the need for disjointed stacks of products.
• Streamline Fraud Risk Management - Accurately detect identity fraud across the digital customer lifecycle and automate action based on organizational risk posture.
• Improve Customer Experience - Reduce customer wait times with results in as little as 400 milliseconds.
• Reduce Bias-driven Friction - Minimize impediments for those in need with expansive data coverage, and algorithms built to overcome bias in legacy solutions.
• Automate Document Verification- Authenticate government IDs, stop spoofing, and confirm customers are who they say they are.
• Reduce Costs - Reduce costly manual reviews by up to 90% with instant decisions.
Use Case: Marketplace of Okta integration network and ID+ webhook.
Organizations using Okta for MFA and SSO can implement strong identity proofing and fraud detection capabilities across their entire digital lifecycle by leveraging Socure’s solutions.
Okta and/or the agency provides the main user experience for account sign-up and account sign-in.
Socure provides the backend identity proofing services and optional document verification user experience that can be white labeled through a no-code interface.
Figure 1: Socure - Okta Integration
To learn more about this integration, contact us.
Here is a section all about documentation, integration, and implementation.
Fact Sheet: Predictive DocV Enhanced Biometric Verification
Demo: Easy and Safe Access to All US Government Services
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Event Hooks
- Inbound Federation
- Inline Hooks
- Outbound Federation
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Workflow Templates
- Workflows Connectors
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.